Game Report Archives

Game Reports
Photo Album
Team Roster
Related Links
Contact Me

The Archives


Strongbows Soar to the Top.

The South East Strongbows played two games versus teams in their division of the Irish Flag Football League on Saturday 5th May. After two games the Strongbows finished the day with a perfect 2-0 record & a plus 38 points difference.

In their first game the Strongbows faced Clonmels Willow Warriors, who hosted the games. The Warriors quickly took a 6-0 lead before Quaterback Dean O Regan connected with Wide Receiver Adam Murphy for a length of the field Touchdown pass. The Strongbows missed the extra point leaving the scores tied at 6-6.. Micheāl Kavanagh ended the Warriors next drive with an interception to leave the Strongbows in great field position where Brian Sullivan ran the ball in for the go-ahead score. Willow hit back quickly when they ran the ball the length of the field to leave the score 14-12 in favour of the hosts. The Strongbows were not going to loose however as Sullivan scored his second TD run of the game. Murphy caught the 2 point conversion from Griffen to leave the final score Strongbows 20 Warriors 14.

In their second game against Edenderry Soldiers, Strongbows struck quickly. With Simon Whelan now in at Quaterback he threw a TD pass to Luke Lonergan for his first touchdown as a Strongbow & a 6 point lead. The Strongbows defence then took the game over. O Regan now playing on defence returned an interception for a TD. This was quickly followed by a Whelan to Aaron Walsh TD pass for an 18-0 lead. The defence stepped up again when Cian Reinhardt intercepted another pass returninfg it all the way. Whelan threw his 2nd TD of the day to Sullivan(his 3rd TD of the day). The D fittingly had the final say when Murphy took yet another interception all the way. Joanne Leamy caught the conversion for a final score of 32-0.

In the final game of the day Edenderry defeated Willow Warriors 26-14. This game was closer than the final scoreline as Edenderry scored their last on last play.

Outstanding players for Strongbows were Dean O Regan & Tom Creedon for their defensive efforts


Strongbows march on with comprehensive victory.

On the 28th of July, the South-East Strongbows were scheduled to take part in a league tournament of their division involving Edenderry, Roscrea, Willow and Galway.However due to unforseen circumstances only the Strongbows and Roscrea Falcons turned up.It was decided to play on in a full game with each team facing off.

Excellent playing conditions ensured a good start as Simon Whelan playing Linebacker stopped the Falcons running-back on 4th down creating a turnover.Quaterback Dean O Regan made the Falcons pay by tossing a 15 yard Touchdown pass to Kevin "butsy" Butler.The extra point was good for one.On the falcons next drive it was Whelan who stopped the drive with an interception tipped by Brian Sullivan.A quick run by butler got to the bows to the one-yard line where O Regan shovel-passed the ball to Center Luke Lonergan for a touchdown.The extra point was no good.The points began to flood on as O Regan threw the length of the field to Eoin Riendhart who caught it between two players for a touchdown,The extra point was no good.On the next defense play, A Butler blitz enabled cornerback Cian Reinhardt to swoop in for the safety.The first quater was then called.The strongbows were in a commanding 21-0 lead

The second quater began with a blazing run from Brian "quills" Sullivan who was stopped just short of the goaline.The next play O Regan fired his third TD of the day to Eoin Reinhardt.The falcons began their next drive deep in their own territory, the drive stalled when Aaron Walsh stepped in front of an ill-thrown pass and took it back for a Touchdown.Walsh topped off his play by catching the one-point conversion to give the Bows a 35-0 lead.On Roscreas next drive their inexperience showed as the defensive pressure became too much, Butler got a sack and Cian "pacman" Reinhardt tipped a pass to turnover the ball.The Bows marched upfield where yet again O Regan combined with Eoin Reinhardt for his fourth pass of the day for a td.The PAT was good as O Regan sought out newcomer Kevin Cunningham in the endzone.The Strongbows now had an insurmountable 42-0 lead.At the end of the second quater the Falcons got on the scoreboard with a touchdown to their center.The PAT was good to make it 42-7 at the end of the half to round out a hectic first two quaters

In the second half the bows opened up with a trick play.O Regan handed off the ball to Reinhardt who faked a pass to Sullivan and then took it in for 15 yards.Lonergan caught the one-point conversion.Again the Strongbows ripped up the Falcons offense with Whelan and Cunningham proving stiff competition until Butler made a stop on 4th down.The Strongbows couldnt gain any yards on their drive and possesion was handed over.Aaron Walsh made a stop on 4th down to give the ball back to the bows who capatilised quickly.Again breaking out the trick plays, Lonergan faked the snap to O Regan and took off with the ball almost half the pitch for a touchdown leaving the Falcons defense stunned.The PAT was no good.On the falcons next drive Kevin Butler snaffled out the Strongbows third interception of the day.O Regan further shellshocked the Falcons Defense by tossing a touchdown to Reinhardt.The PAT was good, with quills on the reciving end to bring up the score to 61-7.On the next drive the Falcons disappointed by throwing an interception, Pacman Reinhardt was once again to the fore.The third quater closed out at an incredible 61-7 score

At the beginning of the Fourth Quater Simon "saw" Whelan playing at Quaterback picked out Aaron Walsh for a long touchdown.The same players combined for the 1 point conversion.The terror of Cian Reinhardt struck again who grabbed an interception which led to devastating effect as Eoin Reinhardt grabbed an awesome touchdown in a group of defenders.Cousins Lonergan and O Regan combined for the conversion.All-rounder Simon Whelan was once again a force on defense reeling in his second intercepton of the day.On the next drive the Bows marched up to the goaline on the back of Sullivans running, Cunningham then caught his first touchdown as a Bow in highlight reel form.He caught a well placed pass crashing to his knees and remaining inside the pylon for a score that drew up cheers from the whole strongbow squad.Quills then caught the one point conversion.Whelan then rounded out the scoring launching an excellent touchdown to, yep you guessed it Eoin Reinhardt to bring the score up to 80-7 the game was then called...

The stronbows threw no interceptions however the Falcons threw 7 ints...The Bows didnt fumble either and there were few incompletions from Whelan and O Regan

The strongbows ran out 80-7 winners however as big as the scoreline was the falcons were a determined team and fought till the end.With more experience they would be a real challenge in the future.


Pre Super Bowl Tournament

With the Superbowl on a Flag American Football tournament was held in St Annes Park, Raheeny to celeebrate the occasion. 17 teams & over 120 people took part in both Senior & Junior levels.
The South East Strongbows sent 1 team to Dublin & opened their group with a game against reigning champions the Dublin Rebels. Strongbows found themselves down 14-0 at the half before limiting the Rebels to 1 more TD in the second half to fall 20-0 in a fiercly contested game that was closer than the final score.
In their second game the Strongbows reversed the scoreline of their fvirst game coming out 20-0 winners against new team Edenderry Soldiers. Strongbows scored first when Aaron Walshe took a scoring pass from Dean Regan. The conversion failed. In the second half the Strongbows stepped it up going ahead 14-0 on a T.D pass from Regan to Adam Murphy with Micheāl Kavanagh catching a pass for the 2 point conversion. After the Soldiers failed to move the ball on their next possesion Murphy ran the ball in to round out the scoring.
In their final group game the Strongbows took on Galway Sea Devils. Strongbows scored first when Walshe stripped the ball from a receivers hands & proceeded to take the ball the length of the field for the defensive TD. The 2 point conversion was good. Sea devils struck back immediately scoring on a long pass. With the conversion failed the Strongbows were ahead 8-6.Strongbows came back with Regan throwing a TD pass to Murphy. The conversion failed. Sea Devils were not to be undone again coming back to leave the halftime score 14-12 to the Strongbows. In the second half Galway took their first lead of the game 19-14 before Regan threw his 5th TD pass of the day this time to Kavanagh who just got the ball in before going out of bounds. strongbows were ahead 20-19. With seconds left on the clock Galway threw a desperation pass which was caught in the endzone to give the Sea Devils the win at 25-20. The Strongbows finished the day with 1 win & 2 losses & failed to qualify out of the group.
Adam Murphy was named Most Valuable Player by the team for his outstanding play in his first tournament.